Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyParkinsonsTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyParkinsonsTeam Member asked a question 💭
North Grafton, MA

I am layering clothes because I find that other people don't keep their houses as warmly as I do. I just bought thermal underwear which I'm going to try out today. I get very stiff and when you're walking on ice you know that's a big problem! Would love to hear your thoughts.

December 22, 2024
 · 
Reactions

Answer Summary

Members shared helpful ways to stay warm and manage symptoms in extreme cold, with layering being the most common strategy mentioned across... Read more

Members shared helpful ways to stay warm and manage symptoms in extreme cold, with layering being the most common strategy mentioned across the thread. Several members recommended specific items like thermal underwear, silk base layers, down coats or vests, wool hats, and grip spikes or slip-on cleats for icy surfaces to help with stiffness and safety. A recurring theme was balancing body temperature carefully, as being too cold causes stiffness and aches while being too hot brings on other symptoms, making warmth management a personal and ongoing challenge.

A MyParkinsonsTeam Member

I am a retired Forester and I had to work outside in the winter, even in the swamp.,I did not wear a heavy coat, as Kenneth said I layed up. I t worked.

December 23, 2024
A MyParkinsonsTeam Member

You loose the most body heat from above your belt to your head. Layer and wear a hat.

December 23, 2024
A MyParkinsonsTeam Member

I really dislike the cold and always layer. I find silk as an under layer helps with keeping me warm as do warming drinks such as peppermint tea. My body doesn’t regulate temperature well. My poor son and husband are always warm. They sit under an overhead fan in another room . We try our best to compromise.
🌈TheaD

December 22, 2024
A MyParkinsonsTeam Member

I tried out my thermal underwear yesterday and it worked like a charm. Nice and cozy. :-)

December 24, 2024
A MyParkinsonsTeam Member

I wear a down vest

December 26, 2024

Related Questions

View All
A MyParkinsonsTeam Member asked a question 💭
Jarrettsville, MD

A MyParkinsonsTeam Member asked a question 💭
Tampa, FL

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In