Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyParkinsonsTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
October 22, 2023
 · 
Reactions
Is Parkinson’s Disease Painful? Types of Pain and Relief Read Article...
A MyParkinsonsTeam Member

Hi Elaine,

I've had 4 knee replacements and one broken ankle.

I know that they are Parkinson's related.

Love, Jeri

October 25, 2023
A MyParkinsonsTeam Member

Hi Jeri and Jeannie,, have a terribly swollen and fluid-filled left knee. It is probably from years 25+ of exercise and a pre-existing scoliosis. My rheumatologist noted that I also have severe osteoarthritis.
I have done some research which reports that PD pts do not do well after replacement . So I am afraid to go down that path. What are your experiences? Thanks for any help. Andi60

November 24, 2023
A MyParkinsonsTeam Member

I have had 2 knees and 1 hip replaced - mine are just from living a long life not from Parkinson's. Guess they can happen from various causes.
Love Jeannie

October 25, 2023
A MyParkinsonsTeam Member

Since I’ve been diagnosed both of my shoulders have been replaced. They have been a problem but as things progressed they worsened. It could be stiffness or injury it could be both.

October 24, 2023
A MyParkinsonsTeam Member

How did they get so damaged? From falling?

October 24, 2023

Related Questions

View All
A MyParkinsonsTeam Member asked a question 💭
Morganton, NC

A MyParkinsonsTeam Member asked a question 💭
Fargo, ND

A MyParkinsonsTeam Member asked a question 💭
Huntsville, AL

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In